Friday, April 12, 2013

Yaaahoooo, Made It!!


It was a great stage to finish on. Smokin' hot, lots of flat runnable trail, some huge dunes, and a few stray goats; everything one would expect of a marathon in the Sahara. And I was finally feeling pretty good - all this heat is not just good for the soul but good for the muscles too. My calf felt perfect and my stomach was strong all the way except in the dunes due to all the twisting.

Tonight is the awards ceremony where we are fed, entertained with a concert and, wait for it, we get a beer! I can hardly remember what that like but I bet it will be good. ;-)

If anyone is ever thinking of running this race I'd sure recommend it. I gotta say that running today was way more fun than jog / hiking like I've been doing but even hiking the whole way would be amazing.

It's weird sometimes when you're in the middle nowhere and can see for miles in all directions and you come accross some kid - on his bike. An amazing place.

Thanks all for the support!

No comments: