Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Today I met the Sahara ...and she bites.


This is more like what I thought I signed up for though. Smoking hot, endless, endless, endless (ie. far) sand, and very little wind. A bit hard to stay positive when it's so hot I can't run (or I get light headed pronto) but I did take a bunch of pics and realized that I'm very fortunate to get to see the middle of nowhere Sahara in a (reasonably) safe way. There was one awesome run off a jebel (hill / mtn) that was dune all the way down. I ran down whoooping like it was a powder day! Most felt similar to me but some weren't affected by the heat as much. Scott is now 1st Canadian - needless to say our tent is very proud. My tent mates are great. A couple from Atlanta and their friend, an American living the dream in Mexico, a Canuck from up North, and Scott.

Tomorrow is the long day - double today - and almost everyone will run into the night, some right through into the next day. My 10 min & 1000 char are up. thx for the emails! Ciao

No comments: