Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stage 1 report

Whoo Hoo! What a great day! A pretty hard opening day by MDS standards (some said the hardest day 1 ever) but the weather was great - <only>32C - and the scenery out here is stunning. Unfortunately I had a couple body issues so I was run / hiking slowly enough to take more scenery than I usually do. I'm feeling good though and looking fwd to a delicious freeze dried meal as soon as I'm outta the email tent.

The day started at 9am to Highway To Hell baring on the loudspeakers as we crossed the line with the TV helicopter buzzing very close overhead. Aside from the last 10k which was all flat sandy gravel we had ever changing footing and vistas every k or. Dunes, hills, gravel and many mixtures of those.

I hope everyone is good back home. Last I heard, Amanda was having a fabulous time at her cooking school in Fez -- Amanda, I hope the second part of your holiday is just as great.

My tummy is rumbling and I'm nearing my 1000 character limit.
Till tomorrow, Dusty Bob out.

No comments: